In 2016, Erickson Associates, Inc. participated in preconstruction design assistance and budgeting to result in the upgrade to energy plant while the hospital remained fully functioning and maintaining services from the energy plant. Elements of the project include
– connecting a temporary chiller to the chilled water system to continue service to the facility
– convert the existing primary-secondary chilled water system to a variable flow primary system
– add a chiller to increase plant capacity and redundancy
– replace the pumping systems
– add a new cooling tower to the existing cooling tower farm
– replace the existing 100HP steam boiler
The mechanical work for the original facility was performed by Erickson in 1974.